This 8 page paper examines the Diesel Clothing Company using a SWOT analysis; then provides a picture of the company's Business Resources, including financial information and human expertise; finally, it presents a Business Strategy for growth, including objectives and strategies. Bibliography lists 4 sources.
Name of Research Paper File: D0_HVDiesel.rtf
Unformatted Sample Text from the Research Paper:
paper examines the company using a SWOT analysis; then provides a picture of the companys Business Resources, including financial information and human expertise; finally, it presents a Business Strategy for
growth, including objectives and strategies. Overview and Comments For a company that is as hot as Diesel appears to be, finding solid information about it, as opposed to slick advertising
or news items, has proven difficult. The company is headquartered in Italy and so has no annual reports on file with the SEC; nor are they available through the companys
website, which is so excruciatingly trendy that its almost impossible to navigate successfully. Without these tools, well have to restrict ourselves to the information we can find in more generally-based
articles and other sources of information, and use common sense to perform various analyses of the company. SWOT Please keep in mind that SWOT analyses are useful tools but
are not exact. They are simply the best interpretation of available data, not lists of facts and figures, and as such, they are subjective. They are helpful, but not definitive.
In addition, there is no one right way to do a SWOT; strengths and weaknesses are usually internal company matters; opportunities and threats come from outside. Finally, it is not
unusual to find something listed in more than one column. Strengths: The company was named as the coolest clothing brand on the planet by the London Times, and apparently
enjoys the prestige that goes with a celebrity like Johnny Depp wearing their clothes (Frean, 2004). It is renowned for its clever, edgy and effective advertising campaigns, which have made
the name iconic (Tsui, 2001). The website indicates that it serves over 75% of the global market-but that leaves nearly 25% of the global market for potential expansion, should